Monday, August 15, 2005

weekend update

friday:
had dinner with the jones. drs bryan and diane jones are the parents of one of my high school friends, laura. bryan was my polisci prof back at TAMU. diane is a psychology prof, but i didn't take her class. they left TAMU for UW sometime in the mid 90's. i see them every couple of months. always great to share dinner with them. we seem to gravitate towards thai, the last three dinners were at racha in lower queen anne. mmmm, mmmm good. but i do love me some thai food. diane is going to help me with work on my fat one person show, as she is a psychologist doing research on body dysmorphia. we always talk politics and the meanderings of the idiots in power. i love it!

went home and i don't remember what i did. hmph.

saturday:
dennis and i went to ikea and target. i got lots of stuff for the home. i figure even if i leave seattle next year, i should live like i'm gonna be here. no sense in a perpetual temporary lifestyle, right? saturday night i cleaned and organized according to the prophet, david allen, author of "getting things done." good times.

sunday:
woke up and cleaned the bathroom. the tub was scrubbed for the first time in four months. yuck. made a migas for breakfast. they were good but not as good as kerby lane. jalapenos! i forgot jalapenos! damnit. i wonder if i've been away from austin too long. every once in a while, i'll miss it...

went on a walk and finally bought sunglasses. i've gone the last 3 months with a constant squint and my face was hurting from all that slantiness. had coffee if nina, a woman from uw that i started grad school with. she left lighting design after the first year and is now working on her art therapist training. i've run into her twice and thought i should at least see what's going on in her world. we had a good talk, but at exactly 5:15pm, she said "okay, i've gotta go." and was gone.

got home and made a dinner of chicken cacciatore. damnit, but i do love cooking again.

watched "singles." i hadn't seen it since it was in the theatre. did i watch it with kelly? ida know. back then, the city meant nothing to me. this time, i was awed by all of the familiar sights of my seattle home. even the fremont bridge made an appearance. the same drawbridge i walk across everyday. what a great movie. not brilliant cinema, but a MOVIE. a fairytale set in seattle. althought i've been happy to be alone, this movie made me want to share my time in seattle with someone.

it's 2:30am and i'm fucking wired from the coffee i had with nina and the subsequent gelatto i had at home. so i'm not so good at south beach. i just wanna sleep.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Awww yeah! I just set up my 43 folders the other day. And I'm actually using it more than I thought I would. I've been cutting out events I might be interested in going to and putting them in there rather than keeping it in a pile or putting it in my pda.

rlo@richardlopezjr.com said...

that damn "tickle me" file is FUCKING BRILLIANT.

why didn't mrs. cooper teach us this in 3rd grade?

43 files and a friggin' alphabetical file system is all i need.

how's your first week back been?